Personal Leave of Absence

If you need to take a leave of absence that does not qualify for FMLA or another university leave category, you may request a personal leave from your department by making a request in writing to your manager and Human Resources Representative, if applicable. The Personal Leave Request form (PDF) must be completed, approved and returned to GW Benefits. The amount of time that may be approved depends on your length of service and the operational needs of your department. You will be required to exhaust all applicable annual and sick time upon personal leave approval.

Eligibility and other personal leave request Information is available in the Time Off and Leave Guide

If you have questions about personal leave, please contact GW Benefits.