- GW Home
- Our Location
- Admissions & Aid
- GW Experience
- Faculty & Staff
Group Legal Program
The group legal program, provided by Legal Resources®, is designed to give you access to professional attorneys and provide protection against high legal fees. Accessing the services provided under this plan are convenient because you have a group of over 16,000 attorneys nationwide available to help you with your legal needs.
You pay for coverage under this plan with after-tax contributions of $19/month that you make through payroll contributions. Enrollment is completed through the EasyEnroll system.
If you enroll for this benefit, you, your spouse/domestic partner, and your dependent children will have access to a broad range of legal services.
The following services are examples of legal matters covered at 100%:
- Contract/document review of personal legal documents
- General consultation and advice
- Will preparation, review, and updates
- Uncontested Domestic Adoptions
- Real Estate – buying or selling a home
- Traffic violations
- Suspended driver’s license reinstatement assistance
- Consumer relations and credit protection
- Landlord/tenant issues
- Divorce (uncontested) and legal separation
- Civil actions as the plaintiff or defendant in District Court and much more!
Representation for the following services will be provided at a 25% attorney fee discount:
- Child support
- Personal Injury
- Contested Family Law issues
- Tax issues/IRS issues
- Small Business matters
- Bankruptcy and much more!
Learn more about the legal benefit by using the Legal Resources® Interactive Brochure
You can view the online directory of in-network law firms and attorneys serving the Washington, DC and Baltimore metropolitan areas. For in-network provider information outside the DC -Baltimore area, contact Legal Resources at 800.728.5768 or visit, LegalResources.com
Please Note: You may not cancel your membership in the plan until the annual open enrollment following 12 months of participation. Mid-plan year qualifying life event changes are not permitted for both enrollment and coverage termination.